Click to Home
Go To Search


Posted on: September 12, 2018

U.S. Korean War Veterans Eligibility to Receive a Special Medal from the Republic of Korea


U.S. Congressman Dana Rohrabacher has been working with the South Korean consulate in California to identify our Orange County Korean War veterans that wish to apply to receive this special recognition.

In order to be eligible for the award, a veteran must have served in Korea during the period June 25, 1950 to July 27, 1953. Veterans who participated in United Nations peacekeeping operations through the end of 1955 are also eligible. The medal may be awarded posthumously. Next of kin, such as a spouse or descendant, may apply on behalf of a deceased veteran. A copy of the veteran's DD-214 must be included with a completed application.

Applications are available at Congressman Dana Rohrabacher's district office in Huntington Beach. Please call 714-960-6483 or contact him via email at:

Please see full letter from Congressman Dana Rohrabacher

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email